During inclement weather please note the following:
The decision to cancel transportation is made by 6:15 a.m. in order to give all parents, bus drivers and schools sufficient notice. The decisions are based on a number of factors, including the actual weather and road conditions, as checked first-hand by designated Bus Operators in each area, weather predications made by Environment Canada, and information on road conditions from the local Road Superintendent.
During time of inclement weather and bus cancellations:
- Parents can check Bus Planner Web for bus cancellations and their school board website for school closures and procedures.
- We offer a subscription service which will notify you via e-mail when your child’s bus has been cancelled or delayed. Click HERE to subscribe!
- Information will be posted daily on our homepage by 6:15 a.m. November to April or as required at other times of the year.
If school transportation is cancelled, please see below for school status:
- Elementary and Secondary UGDSB schools will remain open unless otherwise directed by the Board Office through a system shut down.
- The only schools that will close are: Centre Peel P.S. and Kenilworth P.S. as in previous years.
- Elementary and Secondary WCDSB schools will remain open unless otherwise directed by the Board Office through a system shut down.
(St. Andrew, St. Peter, St. Benedict, Robert F. Hall)
- As of March 21, 2022, on days when transportation is cancelled in Division 4 (STWDSTS) and/or Caledon (STOPR) due to inclement weather, the DPCDSB will provide in-school instruction on that day to students attending schools in the area(s) affected by the cancellation. Schools will remain open to students when transportation is cancelled.
CSV – Conseil scolaire Viamonde
(École élémentaire des Quatre-Rivières, École élémentaire L’Odyssée)
- As of Feb 24, 2022, schools are open when transportation is cancelled.
CSCM – Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir
(École élémentaire Saint-René-Goupil)
- As of Feb 24, 2022, the school is open when transportation is cancelled.
School board site procedures, school closures and learning options can be found on your school board’s website. Please click on your school board below for more information.
To prepare you and your family for Inclement Weather, please watch this short video below.